Ceramic tiles is a commonly used raw material for construction of floorings, roof tiles, wall tiles, as home décor and as laboratory equipment. This means the tiles are often exposed to extreme temperature, pressure and hazardous chemicals. For this reason, ceramic tiles must undergo tests and prove to be of high grade quality. ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment helps you measure the quality of ceramic tiles in use. This is a standard process to examine the quality of ceramic tiles.
There are various parts of ISO 10545 ceramic testing process which helps you check all the properties of ceramic tiles.
- Part 1 – This part of ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment deals with the sampling and basis for acceptance. This part comes with specific rules for batching, sampling, inspection, acceptance and rejection of ceramic tiles.
- Part 2- This part of the test determines the dimensions and surface quality of ceramic tiles. ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment occurs in various sizes and shapes to suit different types of applications. The measurement is done by comparing readings between certified calibration plate and the test sample.
- Part 3- ISO 10545 part 3 provides guidelines regarding how to check porosity and bulk density of ceramic tiles. This test can be done on tiles up to 60cm*60cm in dimension.
- Part 4- ISO 10545 part 4 ceramic testing equipment determines the tensile and flexural strength of ceramic tiles. These are electro-mechanical apparatus which can gauge the green, dried and fired ceramic tiles.
- Part 5- This part provides with ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment which can measure the resistance to impact of the ceramic tiles. In this method a steel ball is dropped on the sample from a specified height.
- Part 6- Under part 6 of ISO 10545 guides the users to check the abrasive action of balls of different diameters on ceramic tiles. It also provides guidelines about deep abrasive tests to be done on the glazed materials.
- Part 7- This part tests the surface abrasion of glazed ceramic tiles. These are solid and easy to use devices which place the sample under several swinging vibrations and then cleaned to gauge the change as compared with other samples.
- Part 8- ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment will assist you in understanding the linear thermal expansion property of ceramic tiles. This test ensures that the ceramic tiles can retain shape and dimension even under extreme heat.
- Part 9- The ceramic tiles are tested for thermal resistance under ISO 10545.
- Part 10- The ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment determines the resistance of ceramic tiles to high levels of moisture.
- Part 11- This part is linked to the check of craze resistance of glazed tiles. These equipment are made from heavy stainless steel and exposes the samples to 10 bar pressure.
- Part 12- ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment following under this part tests the water absorption power of the ceramic tiles. The tiles are kept under water following the vacuum method. This instrument can be used to test tiles of different dimensions.
- Part 13- ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment is also a device to check the neutrality of ceramic tiles to chemicals. The tiles are exposed to corrosive chemical solutions under this test for several days and then are checked for visible variations.
- Part 14- ISO 10545 part 14 guides users to test the impact of chemicals over glazed ceramic tiles. The tiles are kept in contact with tough chemicals and then cleaned to see if the stain is permanent or temporary.
- Part 15- Under this guide the ceramic tiles are tested for impact of lead and cadmium given off by ceramic tiles.
- Part 16- ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment can also check the color difference between the different samples.
- Part 17- Under this part the coefficient of friction is measured by a pendulum which is based on Izod principle.
So choose a premium company who have adopted ISO 10545 ceramic testing equipment to provide the best ceramic tiles.