Power Transformers Manufacturers India produces electrical devices that transfer electricity between numerous circuits via electromagnetic induction. These devices also control the voltage of electric applications.
One can avail of oil-cooled and dry transformers in two phases- single and three phases. While they have delivered many units to industrial clients, they also have a vast range of residential and commercial sector models that can be installed indoors and outdoors.
Dynamics of Power Transformer Market
As the electricity demand increases with more investments by the government and private sector in electrical infrastructure, there is a boost in the power transformer market.
Moreover, replacing the traditional and aging power transformers with eco-friendly transformers is anticipated to create significant post-market opportunities during the projection phase.
Medium power transformer units are expected to share steady annual growth. In contrast, large units are expected to witness healthier growth and adoption of HVDC transmission to cut down the transmission losses during long-distance transmission of power.
Power transformer market segmentation
The market for power transformers is categorized into three types-
- Small power transformers (range up to 75 MVA)
- Medium power transformers (range between 75-800 MVA)
- Large power transformers (above 800 MVA)
Sub-types follow these types
- Oil cooled transformer
- Air-cooled or dry transformer
Significance of Transformer oil in a unit
Transformer oil is used inside the oil-immersed unit and in other systems like high voltage capacitors, circuit breakers, etc.
The purpose of transformer oil is to regulate the high temperatures of the transformer unit with superb electrical insulating properties and cooling properties.
The function of transformer oil
Transformer oil serves the purpose of electrical insulation in the unit. It acts like a cooling media that transfers heat to the tank wall or conservator. It acts as suppression of corona and arcing.
What types of transformer oil are available for use?
- Highly refined mineral oil – This is the most used oil-cooled unit.
- Vegetable-based oil – This type of transformer oil works well in the hot environment
- Silicone-based oil – This type of transformer oil has high fire resistance but comes at a great cost compared to mineral oil.
- Pentaerythritol tetra fatty acid, natural and synthetic esters – This type of transformer oil is low flammable, environment friendly, and has high moisture tolerance compared to mineral oil.
Compared to other transformer types, oil-cooled units are preferred over air-cooled systems due to their safety. Moreover, users of oil-cooled transformers can handle high voltage currents better.
Thus, these transformers are expected to have a higher CAGR than air-cooled power transformers. The entire global power transformer market may see a CAGR growth of 7.8% during the forecast period.
The only challenging thing that affects the growth of the oil-cooled transformers market is its high initial manufacturing cost. To accept this challenge, regional governments provide various subsidies to cover the cost.