Interior hardware for a building referred to the hardware metal products used by builders, interior designers, carpenters, plumbers and electricians to make the interiors of a house look beautiful by using the perfect tools placed at perfect places.
Hardware are most commonly made of brass, aluminum, iron and steel. These metals are the most common productive metals and their respective uses in each aspect.
Interior hardware can be divided in to the classes defined below for more understanding.
- Bathroom hardware covers the area of bathrooms and spa room (if available) its supplies are Faucets, Shower, Tubs, Tap holders, Toilet seats, Washbasin, Shelves and mirrors.
a). faucets can be described as regulator accessories used to regulate the water flow.
b). Showers are the modern day accessory used to make water drop like rain droplets in and around its surface area.
c). Tubs are made of ceramic, plastic and metal and are used to contain a certain amount of water where a person can get in and let his body soaked in with water.
d). Tap holders are used to attach faucets with the inlet pipes carrying the water in and around the house.
e). Toilet seats are made of ceramic mostly and are used to take the body fluids and wastage out of the house to sewerage system.
f). Washbasin is a must requirement of modern day bathrooms and is used to carry out the wastewater containing facial extraction after washing.
g). Shelves are the accessory carrying towels and other washing accessories like soaps and shampoo in a bathroom.
h). Mirrors are used to help with the human interaction with their own body while washing away places of their own body.
- Door hardware includes the products used in doors production, decoration and maintenance. Door covers a lot of part in a house that includes cupboards and sliding. Its supplies are nails, hooks, knockers, number plates, hinges, fasteners, peep holes and door handles.
a). Nails are used to fix the wooden parts of a door together and are made of iron or steel.
b). Hooks are used to carry and uphold the extra decorative or usable on a door.
c). Knockers are the metal accessories usually hanged outside a door for the sole purpose of making a little noise to let people know someone’s presence outside the door. This accessory mostly used outside of a main entry door of a house.
d). Number plates are used outside houses to describe the address registered by the local authorities and sometimes also includes owner’s name on it.
e). Hinges are the metal accessories used to connect doors to their support beams.
f). Fasteners are the metal accessory used to temporary attach doors other side with the beam.
g). Peepholes are designed for the sole purpose of owners safety to see the person knocking outside the door before actually opening it.
h). Door handles are used to open the door from either side. They come in different metals, shapes and sizes depending upon the owner’s choices.
- Furniture hardware are the metal parts used to manufacture a furniture. It includes Arm and leg support for a furniture.
a). Arm supports are the metal part of chair which joins the back with the body to give stability to the person sitting.
- b) Leg supports are the metal parts used to adjust the furniture legs according to the surface and gives it a perfect balance on the floor.
- Safety and Security hardware indicates towards the safety and protection of a house after it is built. Safety of a house includes fire alarms, smoke detectors, security alarm to safe guard home from intruders and home monitoring thru CCTV camera.
a). Fire alarms and smoke detectors works when there is a excessive smoke inside the premises covered under the area.
b). Security alarms and CCTV cameras come under the electricity hardware and work in close coordination with the telecommunication services and social security departments.
- Plumbing hardware is an important essential in today’s modern housing allocations as it covers a large area of property and carries water, gas and waste outlet almost all the time in them. It is basically a large network of pipes, hosepipes and tubes joined together in way that the fluids can move properly.
a). Pipes are the most important part of plumbing. These hollow tubes can be made of metal or plastic depending upon the usage of house owners. These are suggested to be made of less corrosive metals and are advised to be coated before installation to avoid spillage or leakage of fluid or gases after installation.
- Cabinet hardware are the bunch of small components that helps manufacturing cabinets and work in proper coordination with each other if attached. It includes glass and plastic hardware for the decoration purposes.
- Window hardware are the tools to fix windows and attach them in their respective places with features like window extrusions and locks.
a). Window extrusions are used to fix extra layer of materials like glass plates in the window to make the installation and reinstallation of the layers easily doable.
b). Window locks are used to connect the windows safely with their respective sides to keep the house safe from outer weather and intruders.
- Curtain interior hardware fittings manufacturers are most likely hooks and rings which are used to hang curtains in ropes and rods made of aluminum or steel.
a). Curtain rods are plastic or metal pipes attached to the walls above the window and doors to hang the curtain on them.
b). Curtain hooks and rings are used to connect curtain with the pipes for a smooth movement during opening and closing.