Composite pipes like GRP and FRP pipes are made from high grade polymer that is effectively bonded in the inside and outside of an aluminum core by melt adhesive. The aluminum layer used by manufacturers is oxygen tight and the resultant structure offers the benefits of both plastic and metal pipes. A list of features of composite FRP piping solutions is as under-
- Corrosion resistant
- Anti scaling
- Acid resistant
- Chemical resistant
- Good flexibility
- Strength retention
- Lower conductivity
- Cost efficient
- Low expansion and contraction
- Light weight
- UV resistance
The role played by PE and Adhesive layers in composite pipes, PE or polyethylene layer used by manufacturers to construct composite pipes has certain functions, such as-
- It protects the pipe from corrosion
- It prevents scaling formation
- It revokes reaction of chemicals
- It makes the flow smoother
- It makes the product toxic free
- It doesn’t form rust
Adhesive layers used by manufacturers for constructing composite piping have certain functions, such as-
- They perfectly bond the plastic and metal
- They absorb eventual shifting movements between the metal and plastic
- They provide composite pipe the benefits of a single composite pipe
Why some manufacturers use aluminum pipe in their design? The objective behind using metallic pope is to provide metal qualities to the composite pipe, including-
- Aluminum pipe is used as a permeation barrier against contaminants entry.
- Aluminum pipe limits the oxygen permeability to zero
- It offers tightness, and mechanical resistance to deformation
- Low heat expansion
Using FRP pipes is completely hygienic as these are clean and safe in use. The manufacturing companies design these plumbing systems to offer cleanest potable water for use. The non-corroded plastic in the pipe is resistant to deterioration in aggressive water conditions.
Composite pipes offer better performance at high temperatures as compared to other plastic pipes. These lightweight and sturdy products make water service line installation simple and convenient.
The amazing combination of long hassle free service life, weight saving, safety, and reduction in diameter required has explained the success of composite small diameter piping across the world. These composite FRP pipes don’t get affected by UV rays.
If you are looking for composite solutions in your local, you can search the market and ask for composite products manufacturers. To save time and fuel, you can even take help of internet; since many businesses are now registered online.