Cable trays are used to protect and support power distribution cables, fibre optical cables, telecommunication cables, control cables and high voltage power lines. Cable trays are suspended from ceilings, attached to walls and even put underground. The main advantages of cable trays include efficient heat distribution and high ease of access for carrying out repairs and replacement. Cable tray system is a better alternative to conventional electrical conduits.
Ladder type cable tray has two side rails connected by rungs. The perforated rungs enable easy attachment of cable ties and cable cleats to the ladder. The cables enter and exit all through the span. Ladder type cable tray enables good airflow which protects the cables against overheating. Dust and moisture accumulation is minimal. The cables are easily accessible which makes inspection and replacement a breeze. FRP ladder type cable trays are used for enclosing cable bundles, heavy cables and pipes having long support spans.
What is FRP ladder type cable tray?
FRP stands for Fibre Reinforced Plastic. This is a composite material made by blending glass fibres with a polymer resin. The polymer resin can be a polyester thermosetting resin, vinyl ester or epoxy. The resin binds the glass fibres in the structure and imparts chemical and environmental resistance. The glass provide high structural integrity. FRP is strong but light in weight. These ladders are equipped with protective gear that can be handled safely even in severe weather. They establish a clear substitute to metals ladders, which are more expensive in the market. Fiberglass ladders are manufactured using a combination of our method and range of structural profiles.
The FRP Ladder reminds us that the ladders are completely custom-made. There is no limit to the amount of shapes, sizes, and arrangements to this object. There could be support beams, columns, walls, low walls, and landing pads. Some of the proposed designs are adaptable to the installations already existing. The FRP Access Ladders can be made to very specific, counter-intuitive sizes and heights that are normally at engineering firms.
FRP is widely used for constructing ladder type cable trays. Automatic pultrusion process is commonly used for making high-grade FRP ladder cable trays. The types of resins used in making FRP ladder type cable trays include vinyl ester, flame resistant vinyl ester, isophthalic polyester, flame resistant isophthalic polyester and orthophthalic polyester.
FRP ladder type cable trays are used for protecting wires and cables in the following industries.
- Oil and Gas
- Power Plants
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Offshore installations
- Pulp and Paper plants
- Metal finishing
- There are multiple advantages associated with FRP, which is why FRP ladder type cable trays are widely used in industrial settings having harsh environments.
- FRP ladder type cable trays have 4 times lesser weight as compared to the steel varieties. This makes handling easy and installation a breeze. Impact resistance is high due to the tendency of FRP to rebound to original position without undergoing distortion.
- FRP ladder type cable trays are highly resistant against chemicals and corrosion. They are also non-conductive in nature which means they do not carry electric current and pose no risk to people. Fire retardant resin ensures protection against fire accidents.
- The coefficient of thermal expansion of FRP ladder type cable trays is less as compared to the ones made of steel and aluminium. Thus, dimensional stability is high even in high heat environments. FRP also has anti-UV properties which makes the ladder type cable trays resistant against sunlight.
- High strength to weight ratio makes FRP ladder type cable trays highly durable. Maintenance is also minimal.
- FRP ladder type cable trays come in a plethora of colour options. Thus, there is no need to paint them.