The summer sun is beating down upon is and everybody is on the lookout for a cooling, refreshing yet healthy option to rehydrate themselves. A jeera masala soft drink could be a hit!
Jeera or cumin belongs to the parsley family. Used for various purposes, the seed goes back to 5000 years not only as a spice but also as a mummification process.
Pungent, sharp and slightly sweet, this spice is an essential ingredient of the Indian cuisine. Considered as a good source of Iron, Manganese and other vitamins and minerals, research shows that it is beneficial to the digestive process.
It is known to stimulate the production of pancreatic juice and help in digestion. Also it is a medicinal herb with a cooling effect.
The most common form of homemade jeera masala drink is jaljeera. Flavoured with a spice mix known as jaljeera in Hindi, it is a popular summer drink in India. Using this as a USP, many jeera masala soft drink brands have already hit the market and are selling like hot cakes. These include non-sugared versions too.
Coping up with the ever increasing demand of the customers is a tough job. The ingredients used are natural as well as artificial ones. They have natural and identical jeera ingredients, artificial flavouring substances, natural food colour, citric acids to give it a tangy taste, preservatives, emulsifiers and other bases.
The main benefit of this soft drink is that it cools and refreshes and fills your stomach without upsetting it!!!
There are other benefits too. Let’s have a look.
- Good for stomach. According to the doctors, jeera water is helpful in curing abdominal pain and indigestion. It also is beneficial in preventing bloating and acidity.
- Improves the health of pregnant women.
- It is very helpful in the secretion of milk from mammary glands, it promotes lactation in pregnant women.
- Regulates blood pressure. Potassium is the key ingredient on which the body relies for proper functioning. Jeera masala soft drink is high in potassium content which helps in regulating the blood pressure by balancing the negative factors of the salt.
- Good for liver. Jeera masala soft drink can flush out the toxic by-products of the liver and therefore is helpful in bile production.
- Promotes the growth of healthy hair. Known for its medicinal value, jeera water contains a plethora of nutrients that nourish your hair roots and prevents the loss and thinning of hair.
- Boosts energy. Jeera masala soft drink boosts your energy as it is an excellent metabolic catalyst. It quickens your metabolic system thereby enabling the body to burn more fat.
- Most of the people in our country are anaemic. Iron is the most important factor in fighting it. Jeera water is rich in iron content. Hence drinking of jeera water can help fight anaemia.
- This flavoured masala drink is also good for diabetic patients. Having the drink in empty stomach can help maintain sugar levels, thereby regulating diabetes.
However people in our country do need just o e reason for having this delicious drink. That is its marvellous taste and fantastic cooling effect!