While everyone in your friend list is doing something that they never did before this lockdown situation came, you can also enter your name to the list. Papad manufacturers bring the best and simplest yet delicious recipes to try with papad.
As we all know, papad is a crunchy Indian appetizer that Indians eat with a hearty meal. However, there are some ways to eat papad but not as a side-dish. Let’s learn about these recipes and try at home.
- Paneerpapad cones –.
You can use paneer to make a crunchy papad cone recipe. For this, you will need to prepare spicy filling. You can choose onions, tomatoes, coriander, green chillies, and corns.
- Chop onions and tomatoes and boil the corns.
- Add the chopped onion, tomatoes and boiled corns to a bowl.
- Add coriander, green chillies, red chilly powder and salt to taste.
- Take a papad and cut it into half
- Roast and quickly shape them into cone
- Fill this cone with your spicy mix.
Paneer or cheese is a rich source of protein. Including paneer in your regular diet can help strengthen teeth and bones. The corns, tomatoes, and onions have all essential nutrients required by human body.
- Curd papad curry
This recipe is perfect for the day when you really want to have something light. Curd Papad curry is a simple yet delicious recipe that is prepared by different people in their own way. This dish is popular in Rajasthan..
To prepare this recipe, you will need some papads, curd, chilly powder, turmeric, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, salt and fresh corriancer leaves.
- Break the papad into medium size pieces. Don’t break them into smaller pieces.
- Take a bowl and add curd, chilly powder, turmeric. Mix well.
- Take a pan and add ghee/ oil. Heat the oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them splutter and add asafoetida.
- Add your curd mix to the pan and cook it on low flame until the oil gets separated from the curd.
- Add the pieces of papad you have made along with water and salt. Cook the mix for 5 minutes.
The curd you use for this recipe is also a dairy product, means a protein source. This recipe will aid in digestion and is healthy to eat as a main-course meal
- Spring papad rolls
Now this is something new and interesting to read. To make spring papad rolls, you will need a pack of papad (spicy or plain- your choice), 1 cup boiled and drained rice or noodles, ½ cup – carrot, green capsicum, paneer, and boiled peas. 2 tabelspoon chickpea flour, 1 small chopped onion, 2 tbsp soya sauce, 2 tbsp spring onions, 1tbsp tomato ketchup, ½ tsp ginger garlic finely grated, ½ tsp black pepper powder, salt to taste.
- Take a non-stick fry pan and stir fry chopped onions, ginger and garlic. Make sure you don’t burn or golden the onions. Onions should remain translucent.
- Stir fry other veggies- carrots, peas, and capsicum on high flame.
- Add spring onions, boiled noodles, soya sauce, black pepper powder, salt, and tomato ketchup. Maintain the crunch of veggies.
- Turn off the flame and put the veggies in a plate and let it cool.
- Mix 2 tbsp water with besan or chickpea flour. A thick paste will form.
- Dip the papad in plain water for seconds and flatten.
- Put 2tbsp of veggie mix at the corner of each papad. Roll up the papad and seal the edges with the paste you have made with besan.
- Deep fry the rolls until they turn into light brown.
Besan is also a good source of protein. Apart from this, the veggies you are using contain zinc, magnesium, iron, vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients. Tomato has folate and black pepper is rich in vitamin C.
- Cheese Fritters
Cheese fritters are the tasty snacks made from chilli garlic flavoured paneer that is coated with crushed papad. This is an innovative recipe since there is use of papad and not the usual bread crumbs for coating.
You will need 1 cup crumbled paneer or cottage cheese, 1 tbsp grated garlic, 1 tsp red chilli, 2 tsp tomato ketchup, 5 tbsp plain flour, ¾ cup crushed papad.
- Take a plate and grate the cottage cheese and knead it well
- Add salt, chilli powder, garlic, tomato ketchup.
- Prepare the mix and shape them into small balls.
- Take plain flour in a bowl and add ½ cup water to create a paste
- Dip your cheese balls to the paste and then roll in the crushed papad.
- Deep fry the coated balls until golden brown.
Cottage cheese is a protein source. This is a perfect kitty party snack to experiment this time.
Papad manufacturers are making a variety of papad. You can try them out for every recipe shared in this article.
About Author: Sanjay is working as Content Marketer at HCPC, You can call for termite control near me.