If you have a under water project at hand and you are looking for cables which have good level of conductivity and are durable, get in touch with the leading submersible flat cable manufacturers in the country. As the name suggests, they are insulated with a rubber coating which makes them function in water and also protect from oil, grease or any other compounds which poses a threat to the functioning of the cable under water. Before finalising the cable, make sure you check for the below properties which make them popular for under water usage.
Desirable Properties – These are well conducted with aluminium or copper coatings and insulated by polyvinyl chloride which makes them non-toxic in nature. Their features can be summarized as below:
- Their physical and chemical composition is such that they are capable of functioning under water and moist conditions while electric current passes through them. Also, these cables are so built that oil, grease and other liquid particles are not able to damage the cables outer or inner surface in any way.
- These submersible flat cables are available in both Single and Multiple conductors.
- They are available in different shapes and sizes as per the requirement.
- These are generally considered for control wires and power conductors for the motor of the running water pump.
- The biggest advantage is that the different conductors are differentiate based on different colours so that they can be identified easily, while the common ones are Rubber core cables and PVC Core cables among the rest.
Usages of Submersible Flat Cables – Their physical and chemical properties and composition make them highly suitable for under water environments, especially in water pumps both for domestic and commercial purposes. Their insulated and rubber coated surfaces make them stand strong against heat or high current flow as well as enables them to fight against oil, grease and other impurities in the water. Apart from water tanks, these submersible cables are widely used in irrigation purposes, underground mining, drilling works on surface as well as under water drilling of oils.
Types of Submersible Cables – It is advisable that you seek guidance and consult the leading PVC Cables Manufacturers to decide upon the type of cable based on your project requirement. These different types come with slightly different physical and chemical properties which make them suited to their specific expertise areas. The commonly used submersible flat type cables can be summarized as below:
Three Core Flat Submersible Cables – These come with a lot of strength, as compared to the general ones. They are made from electrolytic copper and its conductors are insulated with a high grade PVC and its outer cover is abrasion resistant due to the presence of PVC compounds.
Flat Submersible Cables – These are the general ones used in winding of pump motors under water.
Pump Submersible Cables –These can be submersed deep, like in a deep well. The available sizes are from 1.5 – 50 square mm and can withstand moisture, abrasion, grease, oil and have long shelf life. These are used in Automobile industries, Shipbuilding, Transport, Steel Plants, Railways, Refineries, Oil fields, Automatic Welding Robots, Construction and Coal Mines.
Make sure you consult the leading manufacturer only so that they are tested and possess all the above properties to qualify for your project.